The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1991 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-12
Double agents at the CIA... why liberals love lawyers... the Doggie Diner scare... Dick...
- Why American Roads All Go to Pot, pp. 13-16
When it comes to building highways, Europe is kicking our asphalt.
- Who's Who, p. 17
- The Flack Pack, pp. 18-28
How press conferences turn serious journalists into shills.
- How the Geezers Cashed in on the Gulf War, pp. 29-30
And why you'll pay for it.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 31
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 32
- Ollie Oops, p. 33
He says he's exonerated. The record says he's a crook.
- The Beat-the-Rap Sheet, pp. 34-36
What North's co-conspirators did--and what they got.
- Byting the Hand That Feeds Them, pp. 37-41
Information vendors are robbing the government blind.
- Memo of the Month, p. 42
On Political Books
[+] Propheteers (Review) , pp. 43-47
Environmental problems are alarming enough without the doomsayers' exaggerations.
- Healing the Planet by Paul R. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich
[+] Brothers in Arms (Review) , pp. 48-51
Their politics may vary, but Latin Americans share a common culture: murder.
- Children of Cain by Tina Rosenberg
[+] The Great Ingratiator (Review) , pp. 52-55
How George Bush fools us all.
- The Bush Presidency: First Appraisals by Colin Campbell, S.J. and Bert A. Rockman
- Political Puzzle, p. 56
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 57
[+] Review The Media Show, by Edwin Diamond (Review) , p. 57
- The Media Show by Edwin Diamond
[+] Review Trinity's Children, by Tad Bartimus and Scott ... (Review) , p. 57
- Trinity's Children by Tad Bartimus and Scott McCartney
[+] Review In the Shadow of the Reich, by Niklas Frank (Review) , p. 58
- In the Shadow of the Reich by Niklas Frank
[+] Review Eagle on the Street, by David A. Vise and Stev... (Review) , pp. 59-62
- Eagle on the Street by David A. Vise and Steve Coll