The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
December 1991 Issue - 19 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-10
Pathological partisanship... the senators' porn scandal... God and man in the Gulf... a...
The Case for Reregulation
- Soft-Boiled Regs, pp. 11-18
What happens when our corporate cops stop walking the beat.
- Who's Who, p. 19
- Drug Fiends, pp. 20-28
Even inside Johnson & Johnson, public safety can take a back seat to profits.
- Memo of the Month, p. 29
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 30
- Divided the Stands, pp. 31-33
How skyboxes brought snob appeal to sports.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 34
- Nonprofiteers, pp. 35-39
How to lobby like a corporation and pay taxes like a charity.
- Political Puzzle, p. 40
- Recreation Without Taxation, pp. 41-43
When it comes to corporate junkets, the IRS line is: Don't tax 'em, join 'em.
- The Organization Woman, pp. 44-50
The real reason Anita Hill stayed silent.
On Political Books
[+] Promiscuous Sects (Review) , pp. 51-52
Why evangelicals are jumping in bed with orthodox Jews--and what it means for America.
- Culture Wars by James Davison Hunter
[+] The Great Divide (Review) , pp. 53-54
Divided government doesn't have to subtract.
- Divided We Govern by David R. Mayhew
[+] The Second Resurrection of Richard Nixon (Review) , pp. 55-57
You can't keep a bad man down.
- Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990 by Stephen E. Ambrose
[+] Political Booknotes (3 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review In Search of Excess, by Graef S. Crystal (Review) , p. 58
- In Search of Excess by Graef S. Crystal
[+] Review See How They Ran, by Gil Troy (Review) , p. 59
- See How They Ran by Gil Troy
[+] Review Mystic Chords of Memory, by Michael Kammen (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Mystic Chords of Memory by Michael Kammen