The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1988 Issue - 19 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-11
The bore at the front door... the soprano's Ph.D.... the drug dealer's passport... the ...
- The Poker Player, pp. 12-24
As a governor, Bruce Babbitt was not only smart, he was effective.
- Home Sweet Dome, pp. 25-27
Every city wants one.
- Who's Who, p. 28
- The Chesapeake Bay Goose Hunt, The Beautiful Secretary, and Other Ways the Defense Lobby Got the B-1, pp. 29-38
The art of lobbying.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 39
- The Real Monkey Business, pp. 40-44
It was Gary and Billy, not Gary and Donna.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 45
On Political Books
[+] You Say You Want a Revolution (Review) , pp. 46-51
Five dead, none convicted in Greensboro.
- Codename GREENKIL by Elizabeth Wheaton
- Memo of the Month, p. 52
[+] Strict Nielsenism (Review) , p. 53
Why Judge Wapner is bad for America.
- A View from the Bench by Joseph A. Wapner
[+] The Fourth Quarter (Review) , pp. 54-56
How Pittsburgh can beat Osaka.
- America's Two Minute Warning by Jack Grayson and Carla O'Dell
- Political Puzzle, p. 57
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review City Slickers, by William E. Geist (Review) , p. 58
- City Slickers by William E. Geist
[+] Review Politics and Vision, by Steven M. Gillon (Review) , pp. 58-59
- Politics and Vision by Steven M. Gillon
[+] Review Heroes of Their Own Lives, by Linda Perlman Go... (Review) , p. 60
- Heroes of Their Own Lives by Linda Perlman Gordon
[+] Review A Chilling Effect, by Lois G. Forer (Review) , pp. 61-62
- A Chilling Effect by Lois G. Forer
- Cover photos