The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1986 Issue - 18 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-11
Meeting mania... review thine enemy... buppie taste... and other odds and ends....
- Banking on Unreal Estate: The Appraisal Scam, pp. 12-17
The bank thinks that shack is worth a million... and you may have to pay for it.
- Who's Who, p. 18
- An American Hero: Dr. David Boyd and Emergency Medical Care, pp. 19-27
Meet the doctor who saved lives the hard way--by being a bureaucrat.
- Political Puzzle, p. 28
- The Stupidity of "Intelligence", pp. 29-32
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a combat brigade!
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 33
- Grenada: Scenes from an Invasion, pp. 34-41
It was impossible to lose this one, but we gave it our best shot.
- Memo of the Month, p. 42
- Missed Moorings: American Novelists Lose Touch, pp. 43-50
The foreign world of the contemporary writer.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 51
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , pp. 52-54
[+] Review Heavy Losses, by James Coates and Michael Kilian (Review) , pp. 52-54
- Heavy Losses by James Coates and Michael Kilian
[+] Review Politics, by Edward Koch and William Rauch (Review) , p. 55
- Politics by Edward Koch and William Rauch
[+] Review Some American Men, by Gloria Emerson (Review) , pp. 55-56
- Some American Men by Gloria Emerson
[+] Review Village Journey, by Thomas R. Berger (Review) , p. 57
- Village Journey by Thomas R. Berger
[+] Review Lost Children, by Polly Toynbee (Review) , p. 58
- Lost Children by Polly Toynbee
[+] Review The Divorce Revolution, by Lenore J. Weitzman (Review) , pp. 59-62
- The Divorce Revolution by Lenore J. Weitzman