The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
March 1983 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-10
The eulogized mobster... the dreaded Washington dinner party... and other odds and ends.
- Memo of the Month, pp. 11-12
- The Heart of a New Machine, pp. 13-20
Personal computers may create the illusion of companionship, but the danger is a deeper...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 21
Annual Political Book Section
- The 13th Annual Book Awards, pp. 22-23
- Today's Best Journalism: Better Than Fiction, pp. 24-31
While some recent Washington novels have their moments, the best of the genre isn't fic...
- Harvard vs. Democracy, pp. 32-38
Would Jack and Bobby have felt at home at the Kennedy School?
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 39
- Where Marxists Go Right, pp. 40-43
Radical economics has gone soggy, but it's milquetoast that may do the rest of us some ...
- The Gridlocked Society, pp. 44-49
And the answer is the moral equivalent of war. Really.
- The Case for Teddy White, pp. 50-55
Journalists imitated him when he chronicled the breakfasts of candidates. They missed h...
- Who's Who, p. 56
- Political Puzzle, p. 57
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review Deadly Deceits: My 25 Years in the CIA, by Ral... (Review) , p. 58
- Deadly Deceits: My 25 Years in the CIA by Ralph McGehee
[+] Review Do It My Way or You're Fired!, by David W. Ewing (Review) , p. 58
- Do It My Way or You're Fired! by David W. Ewing
[+] Review The Liberators, by Viktor Suvorov (Review) , p. 59
- The Liberators by Viktor Suvorov
[+] Review Reagan Phenomenon, by Jeane J. Kirkpatrick (Review) , p. 60
- Reagan Phenomenon by Jeane J. Kirkpatrick
[+] Review Ten Presidents and the Press, by Kenneth W. Th... (Review) , p. 60
- Ten Presidents and the Press by Kenneth W. Thompson
[+] Review The Voice of the Poor, by John Kenneth Galbraith (Review) , pp. 60-62
- The Voice of the Poor by John Kenneth Galbraith