The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
March 1982 Issue - 21 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-9
Embargoing Toyotas... Clipping Volcker's wings... and other odds and ends.
- The Powers That Stay, pp. 10-18
Survival in Washington means kissing rings and building empires.
- Memo of the Month, p. 19
- Old Soldiers Never Die, pp. 20-29
Can we pay for the VA's version of the Baby Boom?
- Twelfth Annual Book Award, pp. 30-31
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 32
- One Step Ahead of the Sheriff, pp. 33-36
Today Oklahoma, tomorrow New Jersey: The secret network that gives us our school superi...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 37
- Castro's Revenge, pp. 38-42
We sent him Johnny Rosselli. He sent us his killers and thieves.
- Who's Who, p. 43
- How Congress Spoils Small Business, pp. 44-49
Loving the little guy to death.
- Taking the Sheiks for a Ride, pp. 50-52
Why we have nothing to fear from Arab investment.
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 53
- Political Puzzle, pp. 54-55
[+] On Political Books (Review) , p. 56
The Breaks of the Game, by David Halberstam
- The Breaks of the Game by David Halberstam
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , p. 57
[+] Review Clare Boothe Luce, by Wilfrid Sheed (Review) , p. 57
- Clare Boothe Luce by Wilfrid Sheed
[+] Review The Fish Is Red, by Warren Hinckle and William... (Review) , p. 57
- The Fish Is Red by Warren Hinckle and William W. Turner
[+] Review The Life and Times of Joe McCarthy, by Thomas ... (Review) , p. 57
- The Life and Times of Joe McCarthy by Thomas C. Reeves
[+] Review The New Right Papers, by Robert W. Whitaker (Review) , p. 57
- The New Right Papers by Robert W. Whitaker
[+] Review Regulation by Prosecution, by Roberta S. Karmel (Review) , pp. 58-62
- Regulation by Prosecution by Roberta S. Karmel