The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1982 Issue - 21 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-7
Struggling through on $500,000 a year... vacationing burglars... and other odds and ends.
- How the Democrats Gave Us Reagan: The Ten Key Moments of The 1980 Campaign, pp. 8-20
Cooking the goose with Carter and Kennedy.
- Memo of the Month, p. 21
- A Rebirth of Virtue: Religion and Liberal Renewal, pp. 22-28
Mending our moral fabric.
- Monthly Journalism Award, pp. 29-31
- Learning from Lourdes, pp. 32-35
If the government worked this well, they'd call it a miracle.
- God is My Chiropractor, pp. 36-41
And He makes house calls, too.
- Additives Anonymous, pp. 42-46
If you only go around once, you better know what's in your drink.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 47
- Phonegate: One Call for The Price of Two, pp. 48-49
The real conspiracy between AT&T and the U.S. government.
- Welfare, My Lovely, pp. 50-52
Philip Marlowe cracks his toughest case.
- Who's Who, pp. 53-54
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 55
- Political Puzzle, pp. 56-57
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review Beyond Greed, by Stephen Fay (Review) , p. 58
- Beyond Greed by Stephen Fay
[+] Review Hollywood Red, by Lester Cole (Review) , p. 58
- Hollywood Red by Lester Cole
[+] Review The Refused, by Barry Wain (Review) , p. 58
- The Refused by Barry Wain
[+] Review Why Reagan Won, by F. Clifton White and Willia... (Review) , pp. 58-59
- Why Reagan Won by F. Clifton White and William J. Gill
[+] Review Witness to Power, by John D. Ehrlichman (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Witness to Power by John D. Ehrlichman
- Cover paiting: "Christ and the Doctor"