The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1981 Issue - 16 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-11
- The Story That Wouldn't Die, pp. 12-20
It's easy to believe that housing discrimination has been "solved"--until it happens to...
- White Slaves, pp. 21-28
Why nurses lose patience.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 29
The Self-interest in High Interest
- The Meaning of Money Markets, pp. 30-36
How eight million people learned to stop worrying and love high interest rates.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 37
- High Noon at Main and Wall, pp. 38-41
The banks wanted blood, but they settled for All Savers.
- The Wet, Wet West, pp. 42-49
If there's a "water shortage," why are they growing rice in California?
- Political Puzzle, p. 50
- Who's Who, pp. 51-52
- Where to Stay in Washington, pp. 53-55
- Memo of the Month, pp. 56-57
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review America Held Hostage, by Pierre Salinger (Review) , p. 58
- America Held Hostage by Pierre Salinger
[+] Review America Now, by Marvin Harris (Review) , p. 58
- America Now by Marvin Harris
[+] Review The FBI and Martin Luther King, Jr, by David J... (Review) , p. 59
- The FBI and Martin Luther King, Jr by David J. Garrow
[+] Review Guns Don't Die, People Do, by Pete Shields (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Guns Don't Die, People Do by Pete Shields