The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
July 1981 Issue - 23 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-12
The perils of Short Arm Inspection... stories we did and didn't run... And other odds a...
- The Republican Soul, pp. 13-24
How little Ronald Reagan learned to pretend his drunken father wasn't there.
- END ALL: The Ultimate Cost-Benefit Analysis, pp. 25-26
We've established what you are. We're just dickering over the price.
- Monthly Journalism Award, p. 27
- The Budget "Revolution": Less and More of the Same Old Thing, pp. 28-36
Reagan's changing the numbers, but doing nothing to change the fundamental flaws in fed...
- The Tax-Cut "Revolution": Money Will Run to the Same Old Shelters, pp. 37-42
Reagan's changing the amounts, but doing nothing to change the fundamental flaws of the...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 43
- Retrospective 1989: How the Democrats Came Back, pp. 44-48
New President Tom Hayden owes it all to EMPAC, William F. Buckley, and the Young Americ...
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 49
- Who's Who, pp. 50-51
- Political Puzzle, p. 52
[+] On Political Books (Review) , pp. 53-55
Governing America, by Joseph A. Califano, Jr.
- Governing America by Joseph A. Califano, Jr.
- Memo of the Month, p. 56
[+] Political Booknotes (8 Reviews) , p. 57
[+] Review A Bishop's Confession, by Jim Bishop (Review) , p. 57
- A Bishop's Confession by Jim Bishop
[+] Review Electronic Nightmare, by John Wicklein (Review) , p. 57
- Electronic Nightmare by John Wicklein
[+] Review The KGB, by Harry A. Rositzke (Review) , p. 57
- The KGB by Harry A. Rositzke
[+] Review Managing the Public's Business, by Laurence E.... (Review) , p. 58
- Managing the Public's Business by Laurence E. Lynn
[+] Review New Rules, by Daniel Yankelovich (Review) , p. 59
- New Rules by Daniel Yankelovich
[+] Review Nuclear Witnesses, by Leslie J. Freeman (Review) , p. 59
- Nuclear Witnesses by Leslie J. Freeman
[+] Review The Oil Game, by James McGovern (Review) , p. 59
- The Oil Game by James McGovern
[+] Review Who's Poisoning America, by Ralph Nader, John ... (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Who's Poisoning America by Ralph Nader, John Richard, and Ronald Brownstein, ...
- Cover Illustration