The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
February 1981 Issue - 17 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-4
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 5-9
- Europe on $223 Million a Day, pp. 10-18
We spend so much on Europe because the generals and the diplomats have such a great tim...
- Memo of the Month, p. 19
- Washington Monthly's Reagan Scorecard, pp. 20-34
Will Reagan follow through? Will he sell out? You can't tell the sellouts without a sco...
- The Real Way to Save Our Cities, pp. 35-39
It's time city employees got the pay cut they so richly deserve.
- Big Labor Brings Home the Bacon, pp. 40-47
Subsidies for the working man are just like subsidies to businessmen--they flow to thos...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 48
- Eyes Only, Jesus, pp. 49-52
We disclose the text of a recently uncovered memo from St. Peter.
- Who's Who, pp. 53-55
- Political Puzzle, p. 56
[+] On Political Books (Review) , pp. 57-59
Welfare, by Martin Anderson
- Welfare by Martin Anderson
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 60
[+] Review Charge It: Inside the Credit Card Conspiracy, ... (Review) , p. 60
- Charge It: Inside the Credit Card Conspiracy by Terry Galanoy
[+] Review The Nazi/Skokie Conflict, by David Hamlin (Review) , p. 60
- The Nazi/Skokie Conflict by David Hamlin
[+] Review Network Television and the Public Interest, by... (Review) , p. 60
- Network Television and the Public Interest by Michael Botein and David M. Rice
[+] Review Roll Call, by William S. Cohen (Review) , pp. 61-62
- Roll Call by William S. Cohen
- Cover Art