The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
April 1981 Issue - 18 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-11
- "...And If This Is Just Another Job, Then By God, I'm a Sorry Suck-Egg Mule!", pp. 12-27
A military without mind or soul.
- Fashion Magazines: 99 Ways to Increase Your Insecurity, pp. 28-31
What the women's movement has yet to change.
- Meet the Master of (Risk) Free Enterprise, pp. 32-38
His name is Dwayne Andreas. You work for him.
- Memo of the Month, p. 39
- The Gospel According to St. Jerry, pp. 40-43
As Jesus said, "The strong shall inherit the earth."
- The Doctor Is Out, pp. 44-50
How Hunter Thompson killed New Journalism.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 51
- Who's Who, pp. 52-55
- Political Puzzle, p. 56
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 57
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , p. 58
[+] Review Debacle: The American Failure in Iran, by Mich... (Review) , p. 58
- Debacle: The American Failure in Iran by Michael Ledeen and William Hubert Lewis
[+] Review Destination Peace, by Gideon Rafael (Review) , p. 58
- Destination Peace by Gideon Rafael
[+] Review On a Field of Red, by Anthony Cave Brown and C... (Review) , pp. 58-59
- On a Field of Red by Anthony Cave Brown and Charles B. MacDonald
[+] Review Politicians, Socialism, and Historians, by A.J... (Review) , p. 60
- Politicians, Socialism, and Historians by A.J.P. Taylor
[+] Review Tocayo, by Antonio Navarro (Review) , pp. 60-62
- Tocayo by Antonio Navarro
- Cover Design, Photo, Model