The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
June 1980 Issue - 17 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-3
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-13
- Moscow's Real Secret Weapon, pp. 14-21
It could devastate us without a shot being fired--and we're giving it to them.
- The Non-Event of the Year, pp. 22-24
The true story behind the Weekly After-Dinner Monopoly Game Encouragement Act of 1980.
- Zbig for Life?, pp. 25-32
The way the Supreme Court is going, we could be stuck with him.
- Tidbits & Outrages, p. 33
- How to Bribe Judges, Fix Prices, And Delay the Inevitable, pp. 34-40
The American Bar meets the challenges of our times.
- Memo of the Month, p. 41
- My Life in the Reserves, pp. 42-46
The Adventures of Sgt. Fuzy and His Snoozing Commandos.
- Who's Who, p. 47
- What A Way to Win a War!, pp. 48-53
We had to destroy the economy in order to save it.
- The Cash Connection: How to Make the Mob Miserable, pp. 54-58
Let's make them an offer they can't refuse.
- Political Puzzle, pp. 59-61
[+] Political Booknotes (3 Reviews) , p. 62
[+] Review Fat City, by Donald Lambro (Review) , p. 62
- Fat City by Donald Lambro
[+] Review Go Quietly...or Else, by Spiro T. Agnew (Review) , pp. 62-63
- Go Quietly...or Else by Spiro T. Agnew
[+] Review Ropes of Sand, by Wilbur Crane Eveland (Review) , pp. 64-66
- Ropes of Sand by Wilbur Crane Eveland
- Cover Art