The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1979 Issue - 17 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-7
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 8-13
- Not the New York Times: What Network News Should Be, pp. 14-21
TV news could be educating the nation instead of playing to the well-informed.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 22
- A Slight Oversight: Congress' Space Probe, pp. 23-27
When the 96th Congress came to town, it promised to keep a tight rein on the agencies w...
- Who's Who, pp. 28-33
- The Velvet Cage:The Life of a GS-15, pp. 34-42
With a comfortable salary, miniscule responsibility, and 225 square feet of office spac...
- Memo of the Month, p. 43
- The Fantasies of Senators' Wives, pp. 44-49
Even the powerful come to Washington with child-like expectations, few friends, and a l...
- The 'Whip-His-Ass' Story, Or the Gang That Couldn't Leak Straight, pp. 50-51
How Jimmy Carter became the butt of a thousand jokes.
- Political Puzzle, p. 52
- What's Wrong With Policy Analysis, pp. 53-59
Everyone agrees we need better analysis of government policy. That's why we don't need ...
[+] Political Books (Review) , pp. 60-62
Great American Dream, by Robert G. Kaiser and Jon Lowell
- Great American Dream by Robert G. Kaiser and Jon Lowell
[+] Political Booknotes (4 Reviews) , p. 63
[+] Review The Bureau, by William C. Sullivan and Bill Brown (Review) , p. 63
- The Bureau by William C. Sullivan and Bill Brown
[+] Review The One and the Many, by Arthur Mann (Review) , p. 63
- The One and the Many by Arthur Mann
[+] Review The Shadow Presidents, by Michael Medved (Review) , p. 64
- The Shadow Presidents by Michael Medved
[+] Review With No Apologies, by Barry M. Goldwater (Review) , pp. 64-66
- With No Apologies by Barry M. Goldwater