The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
November 1979 Issue - 22 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-5
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 6-9
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 10-11
- Barry in Africa: How Washington's Mayor Got a Free Ride, pp. 12-23
Time was when taking junkets could get a politician pilloried in the pages of The Washi...
- The Gentlemen Bail Out, pp. 24-25
For years, the gentlemen-in-waiting had jockeyed to get into a Democratic administratio...
- Who's Who, pp. 26-28
- Political Puzzle, p. 29
- Deep Tunnel:How Our Money Flows Into Chicago's Sewers, pp. 30-36
The most expensive public works project in history will eventually make Chicago's river...
- Memo of the Month, p. 37
- Miss Hot Kiss Sells the Bomb, pp. 38-40
T&A meets R&D.
- Bursting The Real Estate Bubble, pp. 41-43
The explosion in housing prices has made a basic necessity into the stuff of speculatio...
- Where to Stay in Washington, p. 44
- Make-Work in Morocco, pp. 45-56
A look at our embassy in Rabat shows the Foreign Service hard at work-- struggling with...
- Make Our 'Allies' Pay, pp. 57-58
It's time they shared the cost of our nuclear "umbrella."
[+] Political Books (Review) , pp. 59-60
Small Futures, by Richard H. de Lone
- Small Futures by Richard H. de Lone
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , p. 61
[+] Review Charity U.S.A., by Carl Bakal (Review) , p. 61
- Charity U.S.A. by Carl Bakal
[+] Review I'm Mad as Hell, by Howard Jarvis (Review) , p. 61
- I'm Mad as Hell by Howard Jarvis
[+] Review Injury to Insult, by Kay Lehman Schlozman and ... (Review) , p. 62
- Injury to Insult by Kay Lehman Schlozman and Sidney Verba
[+] Review The Interpol connection, by Trevor Meldal-Johnsen (Review) , p. 63
- The Interpol connection by Trevor Meldal-Johnsen
[+] Review The Mirage, by Zay N. Smith, Pamela Zekman, Ge... (Review) , p. 63
- The Mirage by Zay N. Smith, Pamela Zekman, Gene Pesek, and Jim Frost, ...
[+] Review Promise and Performance, by Bruce Adams and Ka... (Review) , pp. 64-66
- Promise and Performance by Bruce Adams and Kathryn Kavanaugh-Baran
- Cover Art