The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
June 1979 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, pp. 1-4
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 5-9
- Who's a Snob and Who's Not, pp. 10-19
How to tell Trillin from Trilling, and why it's important.
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 20
- O.K., Everybody. Vote Yes: A Day in the Life of a State Legislator, pp. 21-28
Stories your civics teacher never told you. 21
- Where to Stay in Washington, pp. 29-30
- Memo of the Month, pp. 31-34
- Where Are the Children?: The New Data Game at HEW, pp. 35-38
From bodycounts to recruiting quotas, the pressure to meet unrealistic numerical goals ...
- Political Puzzle, p. 39
- Who's Who, pp. 40-41
- What Carter Didn't Know About Mexico and Why He Didn't Know It, pp. 42-47
If it wasn't the State Department's equivalent of Butte, Montana, Mexico City never see...
- Sunset Laws: Why They Arent Working, pp. 48-51
Depending on who you talk to, sunset laws were designed to reform government agencies o...
- The Hottest Issue in Washington, pp. 52-58
It's not energy. It's not inflation. It's parking.
[+] Political Books (Review) , p. 59
Beyond Reason, by Margaret Trudeau
- Beyond Reason by Margaret Trudeau
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , pp. 60-61
[+] Review Bay of Pigs: The Untold Story, by Peter Wyden (Review) , pp. 60-61
- Bay of Pigs: The Untold Story by Peter Wyden
[+] Review Confession and Avoidance, by Leon Jaworski and... (Review) , p. 62
- Confession and Avoidance by Leon Jaworski and Mickey Herskowitz
[+] Review The Making of the Popes 1978, by Andrew M. Gre... (Review) , p. 62
- The Making of the Popes 1978 by Andrew M. Greeley
[+] Review Martha, by Winzola McLendon (Review) , pp. 62-63
- Martha by Winzola McLendon
[+] Review The Merchants of Grain, by Dan Morgan (Review) , p. 64
- The Merchants of Grain by Dan Morgan
[+] Review A Time to Heal, by Gerald R. Ford (Review) , pp. 64-66
- A Time to Heal by Gerald R. Ford