The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
January 1979 Issue - 19 Articles
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 4-8
- Political Puzzle, p. 9
- Making It at the Post, pp. 10-22
Success in the Bradlee regime requires good writing, not good thinking.
- Memo of the Month, p. 23
- The Budget Game and How to Win It, pp. 24-33
In its attempts to control federal spending, the Office of Management and Budget has th...
- Who's Who, pp. 34-36
- Getting a Handle on AT&T, pp. 37-47
Ever wonder why the newest building in every town belongs to the phone company? It's be...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 48-49
- The American Connection: How Israel Got the Bomb, pp. 50-58
Who helped Israel over the nuclear threshold? All signs point to a small private compan...
[+] Political Books (Review) , pp. 59-60
The Jews in America, by Max I. Dimont
- The Jews in America by Max I. Dimont
[+] Political Booknotes (8 Reviews) , p. 61
[+] Review The ABC's of Bureaucracy, by Robert B. Jansen (Review) , p. 61
- The ABC's of Bureaucracy by Robert B. Jansen
[+] Review Back to the Drawing Board, by Wolf Von Eckardt (Review) , p. 61
- Back to the Drawing Board by Wolf Von Eckardt
[+] Review Fall In and Cheer, by John R. Coyne Jr. (Review) , p. 61
- Fall In and Cheer by John R. Coyne Jr.
[+] Review First Lady's Lady, by Sheila Rabb Weidenfeld (Review) , p. 62
- First Lady's Lady by Sheila Rabb Weidenfeld
[+] Review Herbert Hoover: A Public Life, by David Burner (Review) , pp. 62-63
- Herbert Hoover: A Public Life by David Burner
[+] Review James Earl Carter, by Peter Meyer (Review) , p. 64
- James Earl Carter by Peter Meyer
[+] Review The Powers That Be, by G. William. Domhoff (Review) , p. 64
- The Powers That Be by G. William. Domhoff
[+] Review Prince of the City, by Robert Daley (Review) , pp. 65-66
- Prince of the City by Robert Daley
- Cover Design, Art