The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
December 1978 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, p. 4
- Tilting at Windmills, pp. 5-9
- Serving the Rich: The Washington Y, pp. 10-21
How a valuable community institution forgot what it stood for.
- The Future is in Florida, pp. 22-28
Tomorrow's senior boom has already happened in the Sunshine State, where the elderly sh...
- Who's Who, pp. 29-31
- The Plane: Cruising to Armageddon, pp. 32-36
In case of nuclear war, the President has a $250 million ticket to safety. But will he ...
- Tidbits and Outrages, p. 37
- How the Supreme Court Sabotaged Civil Service Reform, pp. 38-44
Jimmy Carter said he wanted to make it easier to fire incompetent federal employees. Th...
- Memo of the Month, p. 45
- What's Wrong With Psychology?, pp. 46-55
Modern psychological therapy is as effective as: a) a few beers b) a day in the country...
- Political Puzzle, p. 56
- Where to Stay in Washington, pp. 57-59
[+] Political Books (Review) , pp. 60-61
America for Sale, by Kenneth C. Crowe
- America for Sale by Kenneth C. Crowe
[+] Political Booknotes (6 Reviews) , p. 62
[+] Review Antitrust Action and Market Structure, by Don ... (Review) , p. 62
- Antitrust Action and Market Structure by Don E. Waldman
[+] Review Can Government Go Bankrupt?, by Richard Rose a... (Review) , p. 62
- Can Government Go Bankrupt? by Richard Rose and B. Guy Peters
[+] Review Corporate Imperialism: Conflict and Expropriat... (Review) , p. 62
- Corporate Imperialism: Conflict and Expropriation by Norman Girvan
[+] Review The Great American Newspaper, by Kevin Michael... (Review) , p. 63
- The Great American Newspaper by Kevin Michael McAuliffe
[+] Review Lobbying the Corporation, by David Vogel (Review) , p. 64
- Lobbying the Corporation by David Vogel
[+] Review Spying on Americans, by Athan G. Theoharis (Review) , pp. 65-66
- Spying on Americans by Athan G. Theoharis
- Cover Design, Art