The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
January 1976 Issue - 9 Articles
- Criminals Belong in Jail, pp. 5-21
Under the Bail Reform Act of 1965, we lock up witnesses to protect them .from the crimi...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 22-25
Laboring Under Illusions
- Maximizing Profits At the Washington Post, pp. 26-35
Look behind the pressmen's strike at the Post, and you'll see a newspaper industry whos...
- In the Sanding Booth at Ford, pp. 36-39
We thought that the only thing more boring than working on the assembly line was readi...
- The Political Puzzle, pp. 40-44
- Memo of the Month, p. 45
- Flim-Flam, Double-Talk, and Hustle: The Consulting Industry, pp. 46-55
Thirty five per cent of the government's budget is spent through contractors, the most ...
- Last Hurrahs for the New Deal, pp. 56-62
FDR meets the new wave of budget-cutting Democrats at an issues convention in Louisville.
[+] Political Booknotes (5 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
A Man Named Tony, by Stuart Brown
- A Man Named Tony by Stuart Brown
- Simple Justice by Richard Kluger
- A Soldier Reports by William C. Westmoreland
- Unequal Justice by Jerold S. Auerbach
- A Very Human President by Jack Valenti