The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
July 1975 Issue - 11 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-6
- Apres Henry Le Deluge, pp. 7-15
Hard times ahead in foreign policy.
- Political Puzzle, pp. 16-17
- Open Files: Letting Exxon in, pp. 18-21
The Freedom of Information Act was supposed to give the little guy a break. It has-alon...
- Gaylord Nelson and The Myth of the White Knight, pp. 22-34
When Walter Mondale dropped out of the presidential race, he symbolized the growing pub...
- Memo, pp. 35-36
- Why Johnny Can't Eat: The Saga of the Farm Bill, pp. 37-48
This is the year that a rejuvenated Congress was supposed to find an answer to the food...
- John Gardner and the Albany Nymphettes, pp. 49-55
What happened when a Common Cause lobbyist started using 15-year-old girls to enhance t...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 56-57
- The Air Force's Secret War on Unemployment, pp. 58-61
The Pentagon used to sell guns. Now it's selling butter.
[+] Political Booknotes (9 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
The Beat Inflation Strategy, by Roger Klein and William Wolman
- The Beat Inflation Strategy by Roger Klein and William Wolman
- The Case Against Direct Election of the President by Judith Best
- The Federal Rathole by Donald Lambro
- From the Diaries of Felix Frankfurter by Joseph P. Lash, Jonathan Lash, and Felix Frankfurter, ...
- Many Sovereign States by Dan W. Lufkin
- The Politics of Extinction by Lewis Regenstein
- The Remarkable Life of Dr. Armand Hammer by Robert Considine
- Washington Now by Austin H. Kiplinger and Knight A. Kiplinger
- With Fidel by Frank Mankiewicz and Kirby Jones