The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
March 1973 Issue - 12 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-6
- The Seven Secrets of the Metroliner's Success, pp. 7-15
For people who are wondering when they would hear something good about government, thi...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 16-17
- The Political Puzzle, p. 18
- What the FDA Won't TellYou About FDS, pp. 19-25
Feminine deodorant sprays are Madison Avenue's delight and Women's Lib's bane. To the F...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 26-27
Special Book Section
- Political Book Award, p. 28
[+] Halberstam, Fitzgerald, Ellsberg: The Reporter, the Poetess, the Analyst (3 Reviews) , pp. 29-36
David Halberstam's gossip, while genuinely fascinating, is not in the same league with ...
- The Best and the Brightest by David Halberstam
- Fire in the Lake by Frances FitzGerald
- Papers On the War by Daniel Ellsberg
[+] The Hidden Injuries of Class (Review) , pp. 37-42
This book shows that self-esteem in the working class depends on badges, such as job t...
- The Hidden Injuries of Class by Richard Sennett and Jonathan Cobb
[+] Busting Our Mental Blocks About Foreign Aid (2 Reviews) , pp. 43-54
Now that the war is over and we're all ready to stop tampering with the underdeveloped ...
- We Don't Know How by William Paddock and Elizabeth Paddock
- Benevolent Aggression by Richard M. Farmer
- Realerpolitik: The Texts Are Getting Better, pp. 55-60
No longer are most political science texts merely overgrown civics books. The trend is ...
[+] Political Book Notes (12 Reviews) , pp. 61-66
Bitter Wages, by Joseph A. Page and Mary-Win O'Brien
- Bitter Wages by Joseph A. Page and Mary-Win O'Brien
- Chicanos and Rural Poverty by Vernon M. Briggs
- Defeat of an Ideal by Shirley Hazzard
- Divorce by Barbara B. Hirsch
- News From Nowhere by Edward Jay Epstein
- The Leaning Ivory Tower by Warren Bennis and Patricia Ward Biederman
- Power Over People by Louise B. Young
- The Retreat of American Power by Henry Brandon
- The Rise and Fall of the People's Century by Norman D. Markowitz
- Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed by Henry S.F. Cooper, Jr.
- To Peking and Beyond by Harrison E. Salisbury
- A World Elsewhere by James Chace