The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
January 1973 Issue - 10 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- Pat Moynihan's Ship of Fools, pp. 6-19
He had almost everyone supporting a guaranteed income for a few months in 1970. How lib...
- Nuclear Hijacking: Now Within the Grasp of Any Bright Lunatic, pp. 20-28
Kids, put down your chemistry sets. Be the first one in your block to hijack an A-bomb....
- The Ms. Click! The Decter Anguish,The Vilar Vulgarity, pp. 29-37
Midge Decter and Esther Vilar give Women's Liberation the same kind of fair shake that ...
- The Screwing of The Average Taxpayer, pp. 38-48
The $55-billion welfare program with a reverse means test.
- Memo of the Month, p. 49
- The Secret Way The Rich Escape, pp. 50-56
Did you know that a taxpayer can get an advance ruling from the Internal Revenue Servic...
- Winning Back the Ethnics: Public Help for Private Schools, pp. 57-61
If government money is given to public and private schools generally, the exclusion of ...
- The Political Puzzle, p. 62
[+] Political Book Notes (15 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
Bureaucracy, the Marshall Plan and the National Interest, by Hadley Arkes
- Bureaucracy, the Marshall Plan and the National Interest by Hadley Arkes
- The Death and Life of Malcolm X by Peter Louis Goldman
- The Defense Budget by Caspar W. Weinberger, Gene R. LaRocque, and Murray L. Weidenbaum, ...
- Elections in South Vietnam by Howard R. Penniman
- Employment Policy at the Crossroads by William Fellner
- Highways to Nowhere by Richard Hebert
- The Kennedy Promise by Henry Fairlie
- The Last Play by James Ridgeway
- Lesbian Nation by Jill Johnston
- The Manipulated Man by Esther Vilar
- Not With a gun by Jean Carper
- Silent Slaughter by Joel Griffiths and Richard Ballantine
- The Truman Era, 1945-1952 by I.F. Stone
- Urban Renewal by John C. Weicher
- Vatican, U.S.A. by Nino Lo Bello