The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
August 1972 Issue - 9 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-6
- Inside a Major Strike: Woodcock's UAW Vs.General Motors, pp. 7-25
The 1970 strike against General Motors was the most important union conflict in 25 year...
- Tidbits and Outrages, pp. 26-28
- Aborting a Fetus: The Legal Right, the Personal Choice, pp. 29-37
A legal right that must be secured for all women is not an automatic moral right for an...
- The Political Puzzle, p. 38
- Prisoners of War, Prisoners of Peace, pp. 39-54
The confessions of the most used group in the country, the POW families. How they are i...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 55-56
- The Brookings Budget: One Schultz is Like Another(e), pp. 57-61
Why the counterbudget created by Brookings' Charles Schultze doesn't differ much from t...
[+] Political Book Notes (6 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
The Eloquence of Protest, by Harrison Evans Salisbury
- The Eloquence of Protest by Harrison Evans Salisbury
- From the Diary of a Counter-Revolutionary by Pavel Kohout
- Ling by Stanley H. Brown
- The Making of Black Revolutionaries by James Forman#2
- P.O.W. by George E. Smith
- The Strange Case of Richard Milhous Nixon by Jerry Voorhis and Paul S. Eriksson