The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
April 1972 Issue - 9 Articles
- Letters, p. 4
- Let Those Hillbillies Go Get Shot, pp. 5-14
The anti-war movement has never made a connection between its privileged immunity to th...
Tidbits and Outrages
- Speak Up, There's a Lobbyist in My Ear, pp. 15-19
A parody on the democratic process. Starring: Secretary Connally, Senator Wallace Benne...
- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Bribing, pp. 20-40
If Herbert Korholz' methods in constructing his multimillion-dollar empire seem bizarre...
- Memo of the Month, p. 41
- The Political Puzzle, p. 42
- Why Lindsay Failed as Mayor, pp. 43-54
If you took New York City and pro- grammed it into a computer, there would be no answer...
[+] The Ugly American and The Flexible Response (2 Reviews) , pp. 55-62
Edward Lansdale and Maxwell Taylor were the intellectual fathers of our involvement in ...
- In the Midst of Wars by Edward G. Lansdale
- Swords and Plowshares by Maxwell D. Taylor
[+] Political Book Notes (10 Reviews) , pp. 63-66
An American Death, by Gerold Frank
- An American Death by Gerold Frank
- The Closed Enterprise System by Mark J. Green, Beverly C. Moore, Jr., and Bruce Wasserman, ...
- Crises of the Republic by Hannah Arendt
- The Election Game and How to Win It by Joseph Napolitan
- In Search of Nixon by Bruce Mazlish
- Police in Trouble by James F. Ahern
- President Nixon and the Press by James Keogh
- A Question of Judgment by Robert Shogan
- Roots of War by Richard J. Barnet
- Ted Kennedy by Lester David