The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
September 1971 Issue - 10 Articles
- Letters, pp. 5-10
- The Terms of Tenure, pp. 11-16
What you give up to get it.
- Chronic Epistilitis, pp. 17-19
If you want action from your tax dollar, get your congressman to ask the government a q...
- Agribusiness:Overkill on the Farm, pp. 20-39
20 Jamie Whitten, nerve gas herbicides, and the fire ant star in the Nader Report on go...
- The Twilight Zone of Government, pp. 40-47
Like the new Post Office, the New York Port Authority was put above politics so it cou...
- Memo of the Month, p. 48
- Nationalizing the South, pp. 49-51
The urban South is becoming more urban than southern.
- Political Puzzle, p. 52
- Aid to Brazil: From Dungeons to Disneyland, pp. 53-61
Our men in Brazil report to Senator Frank Church: torture aside, things are looking fine.
[+] Political Book Notes (2 Reviews) , pp. 62-66
Blue-collar Workers, by Sar A. Levitan
- Blue-collar Workers by Sar A. Levitan
- Toward a Rational Power Policy by Neil Fabricant and Robert M. Hallman