The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
May 1971 Issue - 8 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- The Electronic Battlefield: Strangelove's Answer to War Crimes, pp. 6-16
Through the Automated Battlefield, already in use in Vietnam, soldiers will be replaced...
- The Dairy Lobby Buys the Cream of the Congress, p. 17
A $ 1-million investment in some very sur- 17 prising congressmen and senators may prod...
- Memo of the Month, pp. 18-22
- Courage Without Esteem: Profiles in Whistle-Blowing, pp. 23-43
Speaking out for the public good can be disastrous for the private good--but six people...
- Sex, Work, and Motivation in Castro's Cuba, pp. 44-53
Conscience cuts the cane in Cuba-- at least some of the time. How the Cubans take to wo...
[+] Book Notes (9 Reviews) , pp. 54-55
America the Dutiful, by Philip W. Quigg
- America the Dutiful by Philip W. Quigg
- Blacks, Medical Schools, and Society by James L. Curtis
- The C-5A Scandal by Berkeley Rice
- The Cruel Choice by Denis Goulet
- High School by Ronald Gross and Paul Osterman
- Income Distribution by Jan Pen
- Soldiers Without Enemies by Larry L. Fabian
- The Southern Strategy by Reg Murphy and Hal Gulliver
- The Sunshine Soldiers by Peter Tauber
[+] Book Review (Review) , pp. 56-66
Leaving it all to the kids may be the best way to keep educational "relevance' a catchw...
- The Soft Revolution by Neil Postman and Charles Weingartner