The Washington Monthly Archives
The Washington Monthly • 42 Years, 418 Issues, 7,592 Articles, 27,230pp
April 1971 Issue - 11 Articles
- Letters, pp. 2-3
Special Indochina Section
- Introduction, pp. 4-7
- Maximizing Cobra Utilization, pp. 8-12
Viet Cong activity in Bac Lieu province was minimal until IV Corps found themselves wi...
- The Vietnamization of Cambodia, pp. 13-16
The Cambodian invasion has created one million refugees and possibly another Vietnam.
- No Victory Parades, pp. 17-24
Veterans bring the war home with them. What they thought while there. What they think ...
- The Burn Ward, pp. 25-35
- Monopoly With Real Money, pp. 36-43
No one claims to be for monopoly, but the giants proceed under full sail as the economy...
- America's Respectable Crime Problem, pp. 44-52
Everybody loves a swindler--as long as he dresses in a three-piece suit.
- Memo of the Month, pp. 53-54
- O. Roy Chalk: Leonardo Or Otis B. Driftwood?, pp. 55-63
The madcap adventures of a one-man conglomerate-- and how the cookie is crumbling.
- Political Book Notes, pp. 64-66