Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
November 2001 Issue - 28 Articles
- Editor's Note, pp. 5-7
- Letters, pp. 8-11
- The Civil Internet, p. 12
- Balance Sheet , p. 12
- Floating Debris , p. 12
- Classified , p. 13
- Going after Grandma's House , p. 14
- Banning Fatherhood , p. 14
- Backward March , p. 15
- Global Dumping , p. 15
- Brickbats , p. 16
- Drunken Assertion , p. 16
- Cryptic Biodiversity , p. 16
- Broken Theory , p. 17
- D C Dispatches, pp. 18-21
A Case of Missing Gun Data--and of a Missing Attorney General
- Good Sports?, pp. 22-24
Despite Continuing Title IX Controversy, Women are having a Ball.
- Money for Nothing, pp. 25-26
The Joys of U.S. Farm Policy
- Latin Laissez-Faire, p. 27
- Antitrust's Greatest Hits, pp. 28-35
The Foolish Precedents Behind the Microsoft Case
- Free Radical, pp. 36-41
Left-wing journalist Christopher Hitchens explains why he's no longer a socialist, why ...
- Ground Zero in Urban Decline, pp. 42-49
Cincinnati Isn't Just a town down on its Luck. It's the Future of the American City.
Culture & Reviews
[+] The Free-Floating Bob Dylan (2 Reviews) , pp. 50-54
The Wonderfully Inauthentic Art of America's most Vital Singer-Songwriter
- Down the Highway by Howard Sounes
- Positively 4th Street by David Hajdu
[+] Woodrow Wilson, R.I.P. (2 Reviews) , pp. 55-57
The folly of humanitarian military intervention.
- Wilson's Ghost by Robert S. McNamara and James G. Blight
- Waging Modern War by General Wesley K. Clark
[+] Chewing the Fat (Review) , pp. 58-59
The misguided beef against fast food.
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
[+] Complex Untruth (Review) , pp. 60-61
The popular appeal of "just enough government."
- Untruth by Robert J. Samuelson
[+] Sex, Drugs, Jews, and Rock 'n' Roll (Review) , pp. 62-65
A shameless history of the '60s student revolt.
- Put Your Bodies Upon the Wheels by Kenneth J. Heineman
- Artifact: Holding Water, pp. 66-68
Will software replace artistic "genius"?
- Cover illustration