Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
May 1999 Issue - 29 Articles
- Source Code, pp. 4-5
- Southern Gothic , pp. 6-7
- Letters, pp. 8-13
- Lucky Shot, p. 14
- Absinthe Friends , p. 14
- Balance Sheet , p. 14
- OK Corral , p. 15
- Aspartamania , pp. 15-16
- Civil Wardrobe , p. 17
- Running Around , p. 17
- Tax Murder , p. 17
- Vice Profits , pp. 18-19
- Brickbats , p. 20
- Ribbitting Story , p. 20
- No Deals , p. 21
- Linear Thinking, pp. 22-25
In Which our man in Washington Contemplates the Virtues of Urban Planning, Literacy, an...
- Starr Teachers, pp. 26-33
Think Independent Counsels use Dirty Tricks? Check Out the Justice Department's Regular...
- The 'Hate State' Myth, pp. 34-41
In Wyoming, There are a Few Bigots Who Don't Like Gays. In the Media, There are a Lot M...
- Liberation Biology, pp. 42-49
Scientist Lee M. Silver on Cloning Wars, Bioethical Battles, and New and Improved Genes.
- Truthless.com, pp. 50-53
A 'Tom Clancy' Thriller Lends Support to the Foes of Encryption.
- The President in the Attic, pp. 54-55
Who is Bill Clinton?
- April Frauds, pp. 56-57
Three Manufactured Holidays Make Fools of us all
- Firing Squad, pp. 58-60
In the Gun Litigation Wars, Who Really Speaks for Federalism?
[+] High Anxiety (2 Reviews) , pp. 61-63
Drug Crazy, by Mike Gray
- Drug Crazy by Mike Gray
- Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts by Lynn Zimmer and John P. Morgan
[+] Conservatism Without History (Review) , pp. 64-66
A Return to Modesty, by Wendy Shalit
- A Return to Modesty by Wendy Shalit
[+] In a State's Eye (Review) , pp. 67-69
Seeing Like a State, by James C. Scott
- Seeing Like a State by James C. Scott
[+] It Takes a Militia (Review) , pp. 70-73
The Minuteman, by Gary Hart
- The Minuteman by Gary Hart
- Prosecutorial Abuse, pp. 74-75
Reinventing the Independent Counsel Act for Fun and Profit.
- Cover illustration