Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
January 1989 Issue - 19 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-7
- 1988, Year of Hope, pp. 8-9
- Sure-Fire Campaign Reform , p. 10
- No Tipping , pp. 11-21
- America's Rising Sun, pp. 22-27
The doomsayers ignore unique strengths that could spark a resurgence in our third centu...
- Budget Balancing Act, pp. 28-31
Would a Constitutional Convention Undo Everything ...or Accomplish Nothing?
- Nervously Awaiting 1997, pp. 32-35
They're going from British benevolence to Communist control, and the people of Hong Kon...
- Camelot Will Not Return, pp. 36-37
We now know how politics actually works. Our romance with the state is fading.
- Gorbachevwatch, pp. 38-39
Waiting for Kremlingate
- Follies, pp. 40-41
With Aid Like This...
- Hungary, pp. 42-45
Guide to Glasnost's Best
- Life & Liberty, pp. 46-49
Ayn Rand Rediscovered
[+] The Book Case (Review) , p. 50
Mr. Inside Becomes Mr. Outside
- William F. Buckley, Jr.: Patron Saint of the Conservatives by John B. Judis
[+] Moral Sense and Hard Facts (Review) , p. 51
The Electric Windmill, by Tom Bethell
- The Electric Windmill by Tom Bethell
[+] Lenin in Public, Lenin in Private (2 Reviews) , pp. 52-53
The Revolutionist, by Robert Littell
- The Revolutionist by Robert Littell
- Lenin: The Novel by Alan Brien
[+] Africa's Chinese Tragedy (Review) , pp. 54-55
The Star Raft, by Philip Snow
- The Star Raft by Philip Snow
[+] Only the Chimneys Remained (Review) , pp. 56-57
Uncovering Soviet Disasters, by James E. Oberg
- Uncovering Soviet Disasters by James E. Oberg
- Viewpoint, pp. 58-60
Financial Aid Treadmill
- Cover illustration