Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
March 1985 Issue - 17 Articles
- Notes, pp. 6-7
- Editorial, pp. 8-23
For This We Pay $300 Billion?
- It's Effective--But Is It Safe?, pp. 24-32
Sidney Wolfe's Health Research Group has taken on health issues from food coloring to c...
- Socialism with a Pragmatic Face, pp. 33-36
Spain's socialist revolutionaries are now politicians, and that means even freedom can ...
- Cab Scam, pp. 37-41
Even taxis are controlled by Chicago's corrupt political machine. Now pressure is build...
- Calling the Shots, pp. 42-47
The American public is largely uninformed about guns and crime, because the American me...
- Viewpoint, pp. 48-49
- Investments, p. 50
Revenge of the Savings Nerds
- Spotlight, p. 51
A Different Kind of Opposition
- Life & Liberty, pp. 52-53
Individualism With a Beat
[+] The Book Case (Review) , pp. 54-55
The Entrepreneurial Solution
- Business Plan for America by Don Gevirtz
[+] Armament Anxiety (Review) , pp. 56-58
Missile Envy, by Helen Caldicott
- Missile Envy by Helen Caldicott
[+] Heinlein as Modern Mythmaker (Review) , p. 59
Job: A Comedy of Justice, by Robert A. Heinlein
- Job: A Comedy of Justice by Robert A. Heinlein
[+] The Ideological Urge to Control (Review) , p. 60
The Coercive Utopians, by Rael Jean Isaac and Erich Isaac
- The Coercive Utopians by Rael Jean Isaac and Erich Isaac
- , pp. 61-65
- Further & More, pp. 66-68
Environmentalism's New Environment
- Cover illustration