Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
September 1984 Issue - 17 Articles
- Notes, pp. 4-21
- Fighting the Soviet Imperialists, pp. 22-30
The Mujaheddin in Afghanistan
- Two Hands, One Mouth, pp. 31-34
Can we afford to let in more immigrants? Can we afford not to?
- The 59 Cent Fallacy, pp. 35-37
The Earnings Gap between Men and Women Can't be Pinned on Discrimination.
- Abracadabra Prosperity, pp. 38-42
Advocates of an industrial policy are curiously like primitive Melanesians, who thought...
- A New Route for Mass Transit, pp. 43-46
Chicago entrepreneurs are showing that mass transit doesn't have to be a government mon...
- Viewpoint, p. 47
A Blow to Property Rights
- Spotlight, pp. 48-49
- Investments, p. 50
Evasion of the Privacy Snatchers
- Life & Liberty, pp. 51-53
[+] The Book Case (Review) , pp. 54-55
From Economic Theory to Political Practice
- The Supply-Side Revolution by Paul Craig Roberts
[+] Toxic Myth (Review) , p. 56
The Apocalyptics, by Edith Efron
- The Apocalyptics by Edith Efron
[+] Throwing Out Government to Save the Bathwater (Review) , p. 57
Water Crisis, by Terry L. Anderson
- Water Crisis by Terry L. Anderson
[+] Double Jeopardy (Review) , pp. 58-61
Judgment in Berlin, by Herbert J. Stern
- Judgment in Berlin by Herbert J. Stern
[+] The Woman Behind the Welfare State (Review) , pp. 62-65
The Diary of Beatrice Webb, Vol. II: 1892-1905, by Norman Ian MacKenzie, Jeanne MacKenz...
- The Diary of Beatrice Webb, Vol. II: 1892-1905 by Norman Ian MacKenzie, Jeanne MacKenzie, and Beatrice Webb, ...
- Further & More, pp. 66-68
Missile Intercept Milestone
- Cover photograph, illustration