Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
August 1984 Issue - 15 Articles
- Notes, pp. 4-20
This Month's Cover Story
- Dialyzing for Dollars, pp. 21-30
Kidney machines have become money machines under the government's kidney program--and t...
- Reining in the Imperial Congress, pp. 31-33
Members of Congress couldn't wreak as much havoc if we limited them to one term.
- What to Make of Margaret Thatcher?, pp. 34-39
In five years as Britain's prime minister, she's broken with forty years of British pol...
- The Ups and Downs of the Flying Car, pp. 40-42
It's a car! It's a plane! It's both! And inventor Moult Taylor won't give up his vision.
- Standing Guard Over Europe, pp. 43-48
American troops in Europe were never meant to be a part of NATO--but they've been there...
- Viewpoint, p. 49
An Overdose of the State
- Save Our Shelters, p. 50
Do your Patriotic Duty and Support Every Abusive Tax Shelter you ever Meet.
- Spotlight, p. 51
'I'm Not Supposed to Exist'
- Life & Liberty, pp. 52-53
Politics and Punctuating
The Book Case
[+] Bringing Home the First Amendment (Review) , pp. 54-55
The Day They Came to Arrest the Book
- The Day They Came to Arrest the Book by Nat Hentoff
[+] Rich Insight about the Poor (Review) , pp. 56-57
The Idea of Poverty
- The Idea of Poverty by Gertrude Himmelfarb
[+] On Crime and Punishment (2 Reviews) , pp. 58-65
Thinking About Crime; Crime and Public Policy
- Thinking About Crime by James Q. Wilson
- Crime by James Q. Wilson and Joan Petersilia
- Further & More, pp. 66-68
Farm Board Powers Pruned
- Cover illustration