Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
October 1977 Issue - 20 Articles
- Letters, pp. 4-5
- Editorial, pp. 6-10
The Scientists' Faustian Bargain
- Brickbats, p. 11
- Trends, pp. 12-15
Cogeneration---Road to Competition
- Why Coal Won't Be America's Energy Salvation, pp. 16-20
Government Policies Have Locked Up Nearly All Western Coal ... and the Odds Aren't Good...
- Illegal Water, p. 21
A Single Resident of Chesapeake, Virginia, Battles for the Right to Choose His Own Wate...
- Foreign Aid Hasn't Worked, pp. 22-26
Government aid reinforces the disastrous trend to politicize life in poor countries.
- Washington Witch Doctors, pp. 27-32
Incantations and Force Will Not Produce Health Care
- Ask Congressman Delaney, pp. 33-35
The Delaney Amendment guarantees the production and acceptance of false theorems by the...
Why Aren't We?"
- If the Press is Free, Why Aren't We?, pp. 36-37
Newspapers condemncensorship of ideas while promoting censorship of production.
- Viewpoint, p. 38
The War On Energy
- Foreign Correspondent, p. 39
Australia: Work In Progress
- Washington Watch, p. 40
Airline Regulatory Reform
'I'm Freddy--Fly Me'
- Freddy Laker, p. 41
[+] 2 Reviews Playing the Price Controls Game, by Mark Skousen (2 Reviews) , p. 42
- Playing the Price Controls Game by Mark Skousen
- How You Can Profit from the Coming Price Controls by Gary North
[+] Review Come Live My Life, by Robert H. Rimmer (Review) , p. 43
- Come Live My Life by Robert H. Rimmer
Arts & Letters
[+] Movies (3 Reviews) , p. 44
The Sorcerer; Exorcist II: The Heretic; A Bridge Too Far; Short Takes
- Sorcerer (1977 Film) by William Friedkin
- Exorcist II - The Heretic (1977 Film) by John Boorman
- A Bridge Too Far (1977 Film) by Richard Attenborough
- Money, p. 45
Support Your Local Counterfeiter
- Publisher's Notes, p. 46
New Film Planned
- Frontlines, pp. 47-52
Libertarian Party Convention