Reason • 38 Years, 390 Issues, 6,980 Articles, 23,442pp
July 1977 Issue - 19 Articles
- Letters, pp. 6-7
- Editorial, pp. 8-12
Carter's Energy War
- Brickbats, p. 13
- Trends, pp. 14-15
Another Regulation Backfires
- Non-Intervention: A Libertarian Approach to Defense, pp. 16-21
We must realize the world is no longer in our control and adapt accordingly.
- Wishful Thinking is No Defense, pp. 22-25
A Political Scientist Challenges Libertarian Foreign Policy Myths
- Permissible Defense, pp. 26-31
Isolationism no more follows from libertarian ideals than does interventionism.
- The Conscription Menace Returns, pp. 32-33
A campaign to reinstitute involuntary servitude has been launched by Congressional 'mod...
- Big Business Comes Out of its Corner..., pp. 34-36
- The Myth of the Myth of Mental Illness, pp. 37-38
Those ingenuous arguments against involuntary hospitilization are flawed.
- Viewpoint, p. 39
Reflections on Bad Times
- Foreign Correspondent, p. 40
The Quebec Crisis
- Washington Watch, p. 41
Saccharin Ban - What Hope for Progress?
- Media Marvel, p. 42
[+] Review None Dare Call It Witchcraft, by Gary North (Review) , p. 43
- None Dare Call It Witchcraft by Gary North
[+] Review The Principles of American Prosperity, by Leig... (Review) , p. 44
- The Principles of American Prosperity by Leighton A. Wilkie
Arts & Letters
[+] Movies (2 Reviews) , p. 45
Black Sunday; Islands In the Stream
- Black Sunday (1976 Film) by John Frankenheimer
- Islands in the Stream (1977 Film) by Franklin J. Schaffner
- Publisher's Notes, p. 46
- Frontlines, pp. 47-52
Short Notes and Honorable Mentions