The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
September 18, 1995 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: Sent Packing, pp. 9-13
The senator was indiscreet. The Senate wasn't
- In the Mail, pp. 14-17
- Goings On About Town, pp. 18-38
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 39-43
The trials of William Kunstler; hearing the Voice of America; rock-and-roll museumgoers...
- Annals of Law: Drop-Dead Gorgeous, pp. 44-45
What do Los Angeles couples obsess about? Real estate---and O.J. and Nicole Brown Simps...
- "Moira", pp. 46-51
- Annals of Childhood: Writing Down Secrets, pp. 52-61
The author helps her students express hopes and fears in their first journals, and find...
- Personal History: A Case of the Great Pox, pp. 62-65
Fifty years ago, syphilis was still a word to provoke great fear---especially in a nine...
- "The Miami of Other Days", pp. 66-75
- Life and Letters: Last of the Red Hots, pp. 76-83
The Washington Post's Ben Bradlee took a sleepy newspaper that nobody ever worried abou...
- Fiction: "She Wasn't Soft", pp. 84-96
Behind every great woman
- "Most of My Life", pp. 97-98
[+] Books: The Three Sisters (Review) , pp. 99-101
The Brontes: A Life in Letters, by Juliet Barker
- The Brontes: A Life in Letters by Juliet Barker
- At the Galleries, pp. 102-103
[+] Stranger No More (Review) , pp. 104-105
The First Man, by Albert Camus and Catherine Camus
- The First Man by Albert Camus and Catherine Camus
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 106
Extinction, by Thomas Bernhard
- Extinction by Thomas Bernhard
- A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr
- Paul Celan: Poet, Survivor, Jew by John Felstiner
- How Many Years by Marguerite Yourcenar
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 107-108
- Clockers (1995 Film) by Spike Lee
- Kids (1995 Film) by Larry Clark
- Mixed Media, pp. 109-111
"Central Park West"
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 112-114
Empty Nest Blues
- Cover: At the End of the Tunnel