The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
March 27, 1995 Issue - 19 Articles
- Comment: Contract with Academia, pp. 7-9
Yale's lost millions up the ante in the campus culture wars
- In the Mail, pp. 10-13
- Goings On About Town, pp. 14-36
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 37-41
Opponent, sell my book; Rachel Williams speaks out; David Leavitt and Stephen Spender, ...
- Annals of Law: ITo and the Truth School, pp. 42-48
The evidence that Judge Ito has let the Simpson jury see has caught the eye of a maveri...
- Postscript: Braving the Elements, pp. 49-59
The poet James Merrill was a son of privilege, but he found the words for a generation ...
- "Koi", pp. 60-61
- Dept. of Disputation: The Spoils of Victimhood, pp. 62-69
Is affirmative action flawed? Of course, but not as deeply as the new white-male case a...
- Nights at the Ballet: The Czar's Last Dance, pp. 70-77
What did Yuri Grigorovich have to do to survive thirty years at Moscow's Bolshoi Ballet...
- Sketchbook: The Draf-Racing Marathon, pp. 78-85
- Artist at Large: Tom Stopard's "Arcadia", pp. 86-87
- Fiction: "After Rain", pp. 88-95
[+] Books: Down the Road (2 Reviews) , pp. 96-99
The Portable Jack Kerouac, by Ann Charters and Jack Kerouac
- The Portable Jack Kerouac by Ann Charters and Jack Kerouac
- Jack Kerouac: Selected Letters, 1940-1956 by Ann Charters and Jack Kerouac
[+] Manila Paper (Review) , pp. 100-101
The Blue Afternoon, by William Boyd
- The Blue Afternoon by William Boyd
[+] Recommended Reading (3 Reviews) , p. 102
The Winshaw Legacy, by Jonathan Coe
- The Winshaw Legacy by Jonathan Coe
- After the Fact by Clifford Geertz
- Terrible Honesty by Ann Douglas
- The Art World, pp. 103-106
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 107-109
The Sins of the Fathers
- Priest (1994 Film) by Antonia Bird
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 110-112
- Cover: Oscar Closeup