The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
August 14, 1995 Issue - 21 Articles
- Comment: E Pluribus Unabomber, pp. 2-5
He touches a sentiment running strong in the culture
- In the Mail, pp. 6-7
- Goings On About Town, pp. 8-22
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 23-27
Charlie Peters, political advisor; Broadway dog; rain dance at Nell's; Madame Chiang ta...
- Annals of Communications: Awesome, pp. 28-32
Just when it looked like a long season of mogul one-upmanship was coming to an end, Mic...
- Our Far-Flung Correspondents: Alone with the Secretary-General, pp. 33-36
What is the enigmatic Boutros Boutros-Ghali really like? The author tours four trouble ...
- "One Morning", pp. 37-39
- The Sporting Scene: The Games Men Play, pp. 40-41
No man is man enough to win all four Grand Slam touraments. Not anymore. Not since the ...
- "Hay", pp. 42-47
- Letter from Germany: The Politics of Memory, pp. 48-49
What is it like to be a Jew in Berlin? Or an "almost" Jew? With the building of a Holoc...
- "Plus the Fact of You", pp. 50-65
- The Publishing World: Wasn't She Great?, pp. 66-73
Jacqueline Susann knew what she was good at, and so did New York publishers---they just...
- Fiction: "Sounds", pp. 74-78
The story that was a turning point in Nabokov's career: before it, he was a poet, after...
[+] Light and Shadows (Review) , pp. 79-80
Walker Evans: A Biography, by Belinda Rathbone
- Walker Evans: A Biography by Belinda Rathbone
[+] Chicken Supreme (Review) , p. 81
The Center Holds, by James F. Simon
- The Center Holds by James F. Simon
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 82
Wild Game, by Frank Bergon
- Wild Game by Frank Bergon
- Giant Bluefin by Douglas Whynott
- Reflections of Eden by Birute M.F. Galdikas
- Kayaking the Vermilion Sea by Jonathan Waterman
- On Television, pp. 83-84
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , p. 85
The Big Roundup
- The Usual Suspects (1995 Film) by Bryan Singer
- "Clothespin", pp. 86-87
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 88-90
Welcome to the Latchamptons!
- Cover: Bumper Crop