The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
April 3, 1995 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: DOS Miserables, pp. 8-9
What would Victor Hugo make of Microsoft Bob?
- In the Mail, pp. 10-11
- Goings On About Town, pp. 12-32
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 33-37
Martin Landau's kudos; Elizabeth Dole, on a roll; Dragon Lady No. 3; movies that noveli...
- Letter from Washington: A Place Called Fear, pp. 38-44
Will voters return to Bill Clinton in 1996? His strategists are betting that they'll be...
- Letter from Ireland: Dublin's Epiphany, pp. 45-53
Tim has finally caught up with the Church and state in a nation that is suddenly facing...
- States of Mind: The Devil Problem, pp. 54-58
Following unimaginable personal tragedies, the Gnostic scholar Elaine Pagels decided to...
- "April in the Village", p. 59
- Sketchbook: The designer John Galliano, pp. 60-65
- Album: Los Angeles, 1995, pp. 66-81
The faces of the Simpson trial
- Fiction: "The Dark Stage", pp. 82-84
[+] Books: The X Factor (2 Reviews) , pp. 85-89
The Sexual Brain, by Simon LeVay
- The Sexual Brain by Simon LeVay
- The Science of Desire by Dean Hamer and Peter Copeland
[+] Growing Up Is Hard To Do (Review) , pp. 90-91
Lizard, by Banana Yoshimoto
- Lizard by Banana Yoshimoto
[+] Recommended Reading (4 Reviews) , p. 92
Felicia's Journey, by William Trevor
- Felicia's Journey by William Trevor
- Open Water by Maria Flook
- Slaughterhouse: Bosnia and the Failure of the West by David Rieff
- Bystander by Colin Westerbeck and Joel Meyerowitz
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , p. 93
Under a Cloud
- Dolores Claiborne (1994 Film) by Taylor Hackford
- Martha and I (1991 Film) by Jiri Weiss
- "Easter Sunday, 1955", pp. 94-95
- On Television, pp. 96-97
- The Theatre, pp. 98-99
"Don Juan in Chicago," "Translations"
- Shouts & Murmurs, pp. 100-102
- Cover: Ninety-five Fools