The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
November 14, 1994 Issue - 21 Articles
- Comment: Midterm Melancholy, pp. 7-11
After Tuesday, it won't pay Clinton to be anyone but himself
- In the Mail, pp. 12-15
- Goings On About Town, pp. 16-44
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 45-49
Fooling with the universe; wanted by the mob and the F.B.I.; Leonardo manuscript for sa...
- Around City Hall: Crossing Lines, pp. 50-61
Ever since Rudy Giuliani endorsed Mario Cuomo, bipartisanship has been breaking out all...
- Letter from Japan: Hidden Death, pp. 62-91
AIDS is officially a taboo subject in Japan, which leaves people who have the virus wit...
- Annals of Religion: O Guru, Guru, Guru, pp. 92-95
The SYDA movement has a glamorous following---and some not so beatific secrets lurking ...
- "Prognosis", pp. 96-97
- Sketchbook: Pulping Fiction, pp. 98-102
- "Thirst", pp. 103-105
- History Note: Reinventing Lincoln, pp. 106-109
- The View from the Wings: Playing the Diva, pp. 110-114
In backstage conversations, Glenn Close tells what it takes to become "Sunset Boulevard...
- Notebook: The Bob Dole White House, p. 115
- Fiction: "Marrying Damian", pp. 116-124
- The Theatre, pp. 125-128
"Floating Islands," "Blade to the Heat"
- Plays by Terrence McNally and Wendy Wasserstein, pp. 129-131
[+] Philip the Bold (Review) , pp. 132-140
Philip Johnson: Life and Work, by Franz Schulze
- Philip Johnson: Life and Work by Franz Schulze
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 141-146
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994 Film) by Kenneth Branagh
- An Unforgettable Summer (1994 Film) by Lucian Pintilie
[+] Books (3 Reviews) , pp. 147-148
- The Pinch Runner Memorandum by Kenzaburo Oe
- The Tribe of Tiger by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
- Sarah Orne Jewett by Paula Blanchard
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 149-150
On Mulberry Street
- Cover: The Arena