The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
May 30, 1994 Issue - 18 Articles
- Comment: First Lady, pp. 4-7
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, whose silence was eloquent
- In the Mail, pp. 8-9
- Goings On About Town, pp. 10-33
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 34-37
Jackie remembered~Jackie Kennedy Onassis
[+] Life and Letters: The Lives of Louis Begley (Review) , pp. 38-46
In his new novel, the attorney turns from his wartime past to take on survival in the t...
- As Max Saw It by Louis Begley
- Onward and Upward with the Arts: Blown Away, pp. 47-49
Movie violence is becoming ever more real, but is that necessarily a crime?
- Letter from Quebec: O Quebec, pp. 50-57
Not that the Bloc Quebecois is the official opposition, the separatist issue is finally...
- Profile: Hillary the Pol, pp. 58-66
Throughout her career, Hillary Rodham Clinton has shown a remarkable sense of knowing t...
- "Memento of the Hours", pp. 67-77
- "In the Nursery", pp. 78-85
- "Pantoum of the Depression Years", pp. 86-96
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 97-99
- Little Buddha (1994 Film) by Bernardo Bertolucci
- Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1993 Film) by Gus Van Sant
- The Theatre, pp. 100-101
- Musical Events, pp. 102-104
Luciano Berio's "Notturno"
[+] Books: Posthumous Output (2 Reviews) , pp. 105-110
The Road to San Giovanni, by Italo Calvino
- The Road to San Giovanni by Italo Calvino
- Thirteen Uncollected Stories by John Cheever by Franklin H. Dennis and John Cheever
[+] Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , p. 111
The Waters of Thirst, by Adam Mars-Jones
- The Waters of Thirst by Adam Mars-Jones
- The Bitterest Age by Raymond A. Kennedy
- On Looking Into the Abyss by Gertrude Himmelfarb
- Borderlands: Nation and Empire by Scott L. Malcomson
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 112-114
The Times On-Line
- Cover: The Clintons