The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
May 2, 1994 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: The One, pp. 6-11
The most resilient American politician meets his last enemy
- In the Mail, pp. 12-15
- Goings On About Town, pp. 16-40
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 41-45
Nixon and the Press again, trouble in Little Odessa, etc.
- Around City Hall: Rudy's People, pp. 46-52
Mayor Giuliani seemed to think that things were going his way, until he decided to take...
- The Sporting Scene: The Wizards of Oz, pp. 53-61
In the religion of golf, even an agnostic can find a place at its High Church, the Mast...
- Annals of Science: Dr. Edelman's Brain, pp. 62-68
Gerald Edelman has one Nobel Prize and may win a second. Has he now also deciphered the...
- "Caliban's Books", pp. 69-71
- "Voice", pp. 72-73
- A Reporter at Large: Moi Goes to Washington, pp. 74-81
Huaorani Indians were losing out to American oil interests in the Amazon, so one of the...
- Down the Runways: Exposure, pp. 82-87
A front-row report from the New York fashion collections
- Fiction: "The Hanging Judge", pp. 88-91
[+] Books: The Games of Great Men (Review) , pp. 92-97
Diplomacy, by Henry Kissinger
- Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger
- Musical Events, pp. 98-101
Elliott Carter's "Partita"
- "Beauty and the Beast", pp. 102-104
- "Picnic" , p. 105
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 106-108
Little Trouble in Big China
- The Blue Kite (1993 Film) by Zhuangzhuang Tian
- Serial Mom (1994 Film) by John Waters
[+] Books (4 Reviews) , p. 109
- Headhunter by Uwe Timm
- Coffee Will Make You Black by April Sinclair
- Rage and Fire by Francine du Plessix Gray
- The Final Station: Umschlagplatz by Jaroslaw M. Rymkiewicz
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 110-112
- Cover: May Day