The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
August 8, 1994 Issue - 17 Articles
- Comment: Spy vs. Spy, pp. 4-5
There may be only one way to fix the CIA
- In the Mail, pp. 6-7
- Goings On About Town, pp. 8-22
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 23-25
To Harry and Louise's health, the West Village bread string, etc.
- Annals of the West: Chief Joseph's Revenge, pp. 26-33
The field in Montana where the Nez Pearce fought their last battle with the U.S. cavalr...
- A Critic at Large: The Longest Campaign, pp. 34-39
Twenty years after Nixon's resignation, there are no more new Nixons, but there is new ...
[+] Cultural Pursuits: The Last Wild Man (Review) , pp. 40-45
Natural Born Killers (1994 Film), by Oliver Stone
- Natural Born Killers (1994 Film) by Oliver Stone
- "Tomfallet", pp. 46-55
- The Sporting Scene: No Limit, pp. 56-59
The author finally realized his dream of playing in the Las Vegas World Series of Poker...
- Early Poems, pp. 60-63
- Artist's Easel: Rwanda 1994, pp. 64-65
- Fiction: "War and Peace", pp. 66-67
- Musical Events, pp. 68-69
Judith Weir's "Blond Eckbert"
- Jazz, pp. 70-75
[+] Books: Forty-Eight Years, No Secrets (Review) , pp. 76-81
Love and Hatred, by William L. Shirer
- Love and Hatred by William L. Shirer
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 82-84
Kittens in Combat
- Cover: Picasso on the Beach