The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
October 25, 1993 Issue - 20 Articles
- Comment: The Price in Haiti, pp. 6-9
It will take more than destroyers to implant democracy
- In the Mail, pp. 10-13
- Goings On About Town, pp. 14-40
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 41-47
The Ubermayor's election guide, Claudia Shear's steady job, etc.
- Letter from Washington: Why Are We in Somalia?, pp. 48-71
Bill Clinton is being politically tested by George Bush's decision to establish the New...
- A Reporter at Large: Exit El Patron, pp. 72-77
Colombian drug king Pablo Escobar has been hunted by rivals and the government since he...
- "The Pomegranate", pp. 78-85
- A Critic at Large: The Outsider, pp. 86-89
A reevaluation of Woody Allen's comic opus as a writer, filmmaker, and monologuist show...
- "Lame Ducks, 1945", pp. 90-93
- Postscript: Nina Berberova, pp. 94-95
- Fiction: "In Plain Sight", pp. 96-97
- "World Light", pp. 98-110
- Dancing, pp. 111-116
- Musical Events, pp. 117-119
Foss, Weisgall, and Laderman at City Opera
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 120-122
After the Crash
- Fearless (1993 Film) by Peter Weir
- The Theatre, pp. 123-126
Harold Prince's "Show Boat"
[+] Books: Pressure Cookers (Review) , pp. 127-130
The Cultivation of Hatred, by Peter Gay
- The Cultivation of Hatred by Peter Gay
[+] Briefly Noted (5 Reviews) , p. 131
- A Simple Plan by Scott B. Smith
- Elect Mr. Robinson for a Better World by Donald Antrim
- Secrets by Kelvin Christopher James
- Water Boy by Gary Reiswig
- Hotel Pastis by Peter Mayle
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 132-134
A Hollywood Lexicon
- Cover: Couture de Sade