The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
November 8, 1993 Issue - 15 Articles
- Comment: Slouching Towards Bosnia, pp. 8-11
Where democracy is being dismembered, not "enlarged"
- In the Mail, pp. 12-17
- Goings On About Town, pp. 18-46
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 47-67
The Knicks are it; to be young, right, and gay; juggling, etc.
- Annals of Communications: The Electronic Parent, pp. 68-75
A San Francisco radio show offers a model for how the entertainment industry can come t...
- Postcard from Italy: Sit on It, pp. 76-77
As far as the Italians are concerned, the Americans have thrown their weight around lon...
- Profile: An Afrikaner Dante, pp. 78-100
Breyten Breytenbach's new memoir shows that, despite South Africa's changes, the dissid...
- Down the Runways: All About Women, pp. 101-107
Dispatches and drawings from the European collections
- Fiction: "Which Is More Than I Can Say About Some People", pp. 108-118
- The Art World: Roy Lichtenstein, pp. 119-123
[+] The Current Cinema (Review) , pp. 124-126
The Battle of Little Rock
- The War Room (1993 Film) by D.A. Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus
- Books, pp. 127-138
[+] Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , p. 139
Consider This, Senora, by Harriet Doerr
- Consider This, Senora by Harriet Doerr
- The Warburgs by Ron Chernow
- Once They Moved Like the Wind by David Roberts
- Stubborn Twig by Lauren Kessler
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 140-142
- Cover: Vivienne Westwood, Paris Pret-a-Porter