The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
March 29, 1993 Issue - 18 Articles
- Comment: Post Mortem?, pp. 6-9
- Goings On About Town, pp. 10-36
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 37-41
- Profile: The King of the Deal, pp. 42-50
Superagent Irving Lazar has represented everyone from Hemingway to Cher and, at eighty-...
- In the Garden: Just Reading, pp. 51-55
Waiting for the snows to melt, a gardener takes Proustian pleasure in the new crop of s...
- A Reporter at Large: On the Nuclear Edge, pp. 56-59
While the Bush Administration secretly defused a major nuclear confrontration between I...
- "A Man-Fly", pp. 60-62
- Artist's Sketchbook: Hip for Spring, pp. 63-73
- Postscript: Kurtzman's Mad World, pp. 74-77
The comic-book genius Harvey Kurtzman transformed American popular culture
- Fiction: "Werewolves in Their Youth", pp. 78-80
- "Under the Old Eyes of the Night", pp. 81-88
[+] Books: The Man in the Middle (Review) , pp. 89-96
A Life at the Center, by Roy Jenkins
- A Life at the Center by Roy Jenkins
- Musical Events, pp. 97-101
"Ariadne auf Naxos"
[+] The Current Cinema (2 Reviews) , pp. 102-104
- Watch It (1993 Film) by Tom Flynn
- Ethan Frome (1993 Film) by John Madden
- On Television, pp. 105-106
"Barbarians at the Gate"
[+] Books: Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , p. 107
The Fourteen Sisters of Emilio Montez O'Brien, by Oscar Hijuelos
- The Fourteen Sisters of Emilio Montez O'Brien by Oscar Hijuelos
- Juggling the Stars by Tim Parks
- Elizabeth Bishop: Life and the Memory of It by Brett C. Millier
- A Fierce Green Fire by Philip Shabecoff
- Shouts and Murmurs, pp. 108-110
At the News
- Cover: Starry Night