The New Yorker Archives
The New Yorker • 81 Years, 2,910 Issues, 43,563 Articles, 369,246pp
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
May 17, 1969 Issue - 18 Articles
- The Talk of the Town, pp. 29-31
- "My Three Weeks at the White House"
Paul Edward Gray, pp. 32-33
J.F. Powers, pp. 34-37
- "Making Marks"
Peter Davison, pp. 38-40
- Letter from Peru
Richard N. Goodwin, pp. 41-43
- "The House Tree"
Mark Perlberg, pp. 44-109
- The Theatre
Brendan Gill, pp. 110-111
- Off Broadway
Edith Oliver, pp. 112-115
- The Race Track
Audax Minor, pp. 116-117
- The Art World
Harold Rosenberg, pp. 118-123
[+] The Current Cinema (Review)
Penelope Gilliatt, pp. 124-127
- The Round-Up (1965 Film) by Miklos Jancso
- Letter from Washington
Richard H. Rovere, pp. 128-133
- "Happiness of 6 A.M."
Harvey Shapiro, pp. 134-136
- Musical Events
Winthrop Sargeant, pp. 137-138
Whitney Balliett, pp. 139-144
[+] Books: Dresden and Denedin (2 Reviews)
Susan Lardner, pp. 145-149
Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- Yellow Flowers in the Antipodean Room by Janet Frame
[+] Briefly Noted (4 Reviews) , pp. 150-154
The Way to Rainy Mountain, by N. Scott Momaday
- The Way to Rainy Mountain by N. Scott Momaday
- The Fatal Inheritance by Edward Grierson
- A Walk Through Britain by John Hillaby
- Horse and Buggy West by Jack O'Connor