The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
May 29, 2006 Issue - 15 Articles
Politics & the World
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
War with Iran, etc.
- TRB: Reform School, p. 6
Hey, Republicans, give us back our word!
- Hear Me Now, p. 7
To hell with a substantive, positive agenda. What the Hill needs is a backward-looking,...
- Net Neuter, p. 8
The blogosphere swallows Mike McCurry
- Under Analysis, pp. 9-11
Is U.S. intelligence getting dumber?
- Base Running, pp. 12-15
The real reason Karl Rove is scared
- Atlanta Postcard: Black Ball, pp. 16-18
Two brothers bring the racial subtext of American sports to the surface
- Virtually Normal, pp. 19-23
Ehud Olmert's Israel is a country no longer haunted by history
Books & the World
[+] Films: Back in the Saddle (2 Reviews) , p. 24
Down in the Valley (2005 Film), by David Jacobson
- Down in the Valley (2005 Film) by David Jacobson
- The Proposition (2005 Film) by John Hillcoat
- Music: The Producers, pp. 25-26
In terms of their creative influence, record producers are normally just a few steps ab...
[+] Gee Whiz (Review) , pp. 27-29
Revolutionary Wealth, by Alvin Toffler and Heidi Toffler
- Revolutionary Wealth by Alvin Toffler and Heidi Toffler
[+] Gasputin (5 Reviews) , pp. 30-33
Virtual Politics, by Andrew Wilson#2
- Virtual Politics by Andrew Wilson#2
- Kremlin Rising by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser
- Putin's Russia by Anna Politkovskaya
- Inside Putin's Russia by Andrew Jack
- Crafting Democracy by Nicolai N. Petro
- February 8, 1924; Gee Jon, pp. 34-37
- Beirut Diarist, pp. 38-40
- Cover Illustration