The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
March 24, 2003 Issue - 15 Articles
Politics & the World
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Why is TNR haranguing Wesley Clark?, etc.
- TRB: Truth Be Told, pp. 6-7
The Bush administration's small lies on Iraq
- Bomb Scare, pp. 8-9
The Bush administration isn't on the verge of one war; it's on the verge of two. In Ira...
- Notebook, pp. 10-11
What Hans Blix forgot to mention, etc.
- Traffic Pattern, p. 12
North Korea's overseas diplomats don't practice diplomacy: they practice organized crim...
- Off Target, pp. 13-14
The problem with bombing North Korea's nuclear facilities isn't what we'll hit. It's wh...
- Sulaymaniya Dispatch: Spring Time, pp. 15-17
Kurdish leaders promise that when war starts, they won't recapture their beloved, dispu...
- Unnatural Law, pp. 18-23
Later this month, a Texas sodomy law will go before the Supreme Court. But the deeper q...
Books & the Arts
[+] Films: Mortal Coils (2 Reviews) , p. 24
Spider (2003 Film), by David Cronenberg
- Spider (2003 Film) by David Cronenberg
- Laurel Canyon (2003 Film) by Lisa Cholodenko
- Theater: Creations, pp. 25-26
Four current New York productions encompass both the best and the worst of ensemble acting
- Art: Looking for Leonardo, pp. 27-29
The Metropolitan exhibit of Leonardo da Vinci's drawings is an inexhaustible as the mas...
[+] Mean Streets (2 Reviews) , pp. 30-33
Stories of Freedom in Black New York, by Shane White
- Stories of Freedom in Black New York by Shane White
- In the Shadow of Slavery by Leslie M. Harris
[+] Pepys Show (Review) , pp. 34-35
Samuel Pepys: The Unequalled Self, by Claire Tomalin
- Samuel Pepys: The Unequalled Self by Claire Tomalin
- Oakland Work Crew, pp. 36-37
- Tokyo Diarist, pp. 38-40