The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
March 17, 2003 Issue - 16 Articles
Politics & the World
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Are American kids overactive or overmedicated?, etc.
- TRB: Apocalypse Now, p. 6
Why the North Koreans crisis won't wait for Iraq
- Waiting Game, p. 7
How the U.N.'s Iraq inspections became a waste of time
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
George Will changes his mind, etc.
- French Twist, p. 10
Is Paris helping arm Saddam?
- Old Tricks, p. 11
On education, poverty, and taxes, Bush has talked left and governed right. On Medicare,...
- Irbil Dispatch: Two Front, pp. 12-14
Iraq's Kurds are about to wage a war of national freedom. They're just not sure who con...
- Low Option, pp. 15-16
The Arab leaders have a model for post-Saddam Iraq: Lebanon
- Federal Reserve, pp. 17-19
There's only one route to Iraqi democracy. Not the military regime the Bush administrat...
- Virtually Normal, pp. 20-23
Trash TV king Jerry Springer is seriously considering a run for the Senate in Ohio. He'...
Books & the Arts
[+] Films: Crimes and Punishments (2 Reviews) , p. 24
The Life of David Gale (2003 Film), by Alan Parker
- The Life of David Gale (2003 Film) by Alan Parker
- Dark Blue (2002 Film) by Ron Shelton
[+] Schindler's Liszt (Review) , pp. 25-27
The Pianist (2002 Film), by Roman Polanski
- The Pianist (2002 Film) by Roman Polanski
[+] Buying Alone (Review) , pp. 28-29
A Consumers' Republic, by Lizabeth Cohen
- A Consumers' Republic by Lizabeth Cohen
- Wake-Up Call, pp. 30-32
[+] The Trucer's Passion (Review) , pp. 33-37
The Collected Poems and Selected Prose, by Stanley Burnshaw
- The Collected Poems and Selected Prose by Stanley Burnshaw
- Fukouka Diarist, pp. 38-40