The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
February 17, 2003 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Does fat kill you---or make you stronger?, etc.
- TRB: Albatross, pp. 6-7
The costs of respecting Al Sharpton
- Sacrifice Fly, pp. 8-9
Honor the dead. Stop the shuttle
- Notebook, pp. 10-11
What really happened at Halabja?, etc.
- Fallout, p. 12
Nukes won't work in Iraq. So why is W. defending them?
- Givatayim Dispatch: Dead Center, pp. 13-15
Is Labor finished?
- Exiled, pp. 16-17
The White House sidelines the Iraqi dissidents
- Light Touch, pp. 18-19
How can a senator win the White House? Follow JFK
- Black Power, pp. 20-23
Al Sharpton isn't the Democrats' race problem; he's a symptom of the Democrats' race pr...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Disclosures, Larger and Lesser (2 Reviews) , p. 24
Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary (2002 Film), by Andre Heller and Othmar Schmiderer
- Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary (2002 Film) by Andre Heller and Othmar Schmiderer
- Chicago (2002 Film) by Rob Marshall
- On Theater: Fronting, pp. 25-26
Cape Town's Salaam Stories, Distict Six, and African Footprints reveal a new focus on n...
[+] Off the Menu (Review) , pp. 27-29
Creative Destruction, by Tyler Cowen
- Creative Destruction by Tyler Cowen
- The Box, p. 30
[+] Up From Hippocrates (Review) , pp. 31-35
Blood and Guts, by Roy Porter
- Blood and Guts by Roy Porter
[+] Why Johnnie Can't Lead (Review) , pp. 36-41
A Lawyer's Life, by Johnnie Cochran and David Fisher
- A Lawyer's Life by Johnnie Cochran and David Fisher
- Washington Diarist: Aspidistra, pp. 42-44
- On the Cover: Illustration